Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hello from Missouri of all Places.




Hello Everybody,




My situation has been different from most of the contibutors to this blog. Instead of getting married and having children I have been collecting degrees and getting used to being the old man in the university ward, which is not nearly as fun. I graduated in 2002 from BYU with a B.A. in English. I have been in Columbia Missouri, a place I hadn't even hear of until I moved here, for almost 6 years going to graduate school at the University of Missouri. I received my Masters in English in 2004 from the University of Missouri. I am currently working on a Ph.D in English from MU with a primary emphasis in English and a secondary emphasis in post colonial literature and theory. Exciting stuff, I know. I know it is way too much school, and I am starting to get sick of school, after just 10 years of college, but I should be done in about a year. I just have to writie my dissertation and will start applying for teaching jobs at colleges in the fall. I have taught two lower level classes each semester for the past 5 years. I love teaching folklore and literature, and am ready to do it full time. I usually get back to Mormon acres a few times a year. However, I am not visiting Texas this year because I am going to Provo and Idaho falls the last two weeks of May to Visit Jeff and Lisa and to see Eric off at the MTC for his mission to Billings Montana. Right now I am trying to survive the last three weeks of class, or in other words, my own private grading papers marathon. I have included a few random pictures from my time at MU. Cheers.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Hey Scott, it's great to hear from you! So where do you want to end up teaching? You'll have to stop by and say hi when you're in Provo if you have the time!