Thursday, April 10, 2008

Listmania

The fam at Dallin's Wedding last March
With friends in Boston
Times Square
Iceskating with friends in SLC

Y'all know that I was always (and will ever be) a fan of a good list, so here's my update, bullet style:
  • Working at the Church magazines as an editor. Love it. Also doing freelance editing projects on the side from time to time.
  • Living right downtown, two blocks from Temple Square. I'm a huge fan of the neighborhood, the commute time, and infrequent trips to the gas pump. Unless it's snowing (I'm a wuss, too, Kayla) I walk to work.
  • Setting New Year's resolutions to travel to a new place (some local, some distant) every month. Started this in '07; it was the best resolution I ever made. Favorite destinations so far have included Moab, Boston, NYC, Corpus Christi, Philadelphia, and Kentucky. Yes, Kentucky.
  • Starting graduate school this fall.
  • Learning how to quilt. Thought the class would be full of grandmas. Wrong. (They already know how to quilt.) Instead, the class is full of young professionals like me. Really, really funny and really, really full of colorful language as people get used to their sewing machines.
  • Feeling super good about this online Mormon Acres business.
I tried really hard to get the photos at the end of my post, but I'm not that blog-savvy yet. I'll work on it. :)




3 comments:

Shauna said...

Mel, you are so cute!!! I love the pics! I wish I could travel too, someday I will! I especially love your Boston picture, because A) I love the east coast, and B) the sign in the background is so cool, and C) I don't feel like I've been in a "real" city for a long time! Have a super day!
~Shauna

Natalie said...

Hey, why are you acting as though it is shocking to like Kentucky? I know for a fact that super cool people (like Jared and me) were born in Kentucky!

Kayla said...

Mel! I'd love to get together sometime! I make a pretty mean homemade pizza or bbq brisket so maybe we can get together for dinner and games or something sometime! I still laugh about our Sunny D lunch time extravaganzas, too!