Monday, April 14, 2008

Howdy from Aggieland!




I am horrible at keeping in touch with people too (Sorry to anyone that has emailed me or sent any messages on facebook to me recently). I claim being sick from January to April and the fact that whenever my husband is home, he is on the computer doing homework. He does check facebook regulary since he started it for a class and informs me of any messages from my friends though:) So, some of you might not have heard my good news and might be wondering why I was sick for so long....that's right, I'm pregnant!
Okay, I'll go farther back for those of you I haven't talked to in a long time. I got married to Clarke Farrer in January 2006 and lived in Irving/Valley Ranch until last August when he transferred down to Texas A&M (hence the Howdy from Aggieland subject line). We are enjoying it here, and we love our ward. It is a little different from where we lived before though because we can drive 10 minutes north and be in farm country. I guess Mormon Acres was like that when my family first moved there in the '80's, but at least there was a big city close by. We are about 1 1/2 hours Northwest of Houston. I work at the College Station Medical Center as a unit secretary (so much for a college education) while Clarke goes to school to get a degree in Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Sciences and works at FedEx. I am currently working in the nursery at church (WooHoo for me! Thanks Kayla). I guess it's my preparation for motherhood (we have 4 nursery classes in our ward).
Anyways, I think I'm getting into the whole pregnancy thing now that I'm not throwing up several times a day. It's still kind of surreal though especially since it took so long to get pregnant (a year and a half!). Clarke and I are into camping and plan on going in a few weeks. We'll see how much I enjoy it while pregnant (I plan on bringing my air mattress:) We will find out in a month if we are having a girl or boy, so I will keep you updated and maybe post some pictures of my already growing belly.
It's great to hear how everyone is doing!
Bethany
p.s. I'm new to this blogging thing too, so I didn't even get captions on my pictures:) They are from our backpacking trip to the Grand Tetons last summer (I was obviously out of shape).

No comments: