Saturday, April 12, 2008

I do exist!

Hello everyone! I feel so honored to have been invited to this fun little group, particularly because A. I didn't actually live in "Mormon Acres" and B. I moved right in the middle of high school and seemed to have fallen, at least in part, off the face of the earth for a while. (Kansas was fairly like another world entirely, I must admit.) Fortunately, you're all such great people so I was never banished... what a lucky woman I am! :) :) :)


Ok, so update...

Mike and I got married on February 10th, 2007 at which time, I took up residence in Arlington. (Interestingly enough, our families were in the same ward almost 20 years ago when we lived in Arlington. Mike is my oldest sister's age, so they remember each other... fairly strange and amusing coincedence if you ask me. Who would have thought that Lindsey Whelan would wind up in one of her oldest stomping grounds?) Mike is a chiropractor here and has his own practice that is doing very well. He's a very hard worker and I'm so proud of him!

The most exciting update? Our BEAUTIFUL daughter was born on February 6th. She is amazing!!! It's hard to believe that she's already two-months-old now! Her name is Lacey Nicole Hughlett. (I knew that giving her a name that was close to mine might be difficult for some people to keep straight. I had no idea that it would be most difficult for my husband! :) She has the sweetest and most adorable personality. She smiles all the time and she has recently discovered her beautiful little voice. We can't get enough!!!

As for me, I'm just settling in with my new role. I have the great fortune of staying at home with Lacey full time. Such a blessing! We've recently started venturing out to explore the world around us so we'll see what kind of trouble we can find together. :) Today: gardening! I have no idea what I'm doing with it, but I'm excited to learn. We'll see how that goes.

Ok, I think that's enough of an update for now (or arguably more than enough! :) Thanks to you brilliant people for coming up with this idea! Life is absolutely wonderful and I'm so excited to be able to share it with all of you and to get to see your exciting lives as well.

By the way, Natalie, where did you take the blue bonnet pictures? I want to take some with Lacey and the side of the road just doesn't seem like a good idea!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

She's adorable!

Kayla said...

Hey chica! It's okay... Brice still calls Genna by his youngest sister's name! Mike may never get you two straight but since you're both gorgeous it doesn't really matter right? :)

Lindsey said...

Hey Kayla, am I a really bad friend or is your birthday actually on the 25th? It's marked as the 24th on the calendar here... which one of us is wrong?

Kayla said...

It's really the 25th... I didn't even notice that it's wrong on here! haha!

Ashley said...

Whoops, that's my fault. Guess when I was moving mine and Kayla's birthdays around (trying to get google calendar to work) I forgot to fix hers!
Sorry Kayla, still love ya!

Natalie said...

Congrats on your little girl...she's way cute! We took the bluebonnet pictures on a stretch of 3040. We were at my parent's house when we decided to go, so I'm trying to remember exactly where it was. I'm pretty sure we went up Garden Ridge from Main Street, then turned right onto 3040. It was just off the road, but it was in an area that was a bit more flat than others we saw, and the space was wide enough that we had room to get away from the road.